Need help with Estate Planning

Need help with Estate Planning?

The Law Office of John H. Myers is here to provide services to residents.
Get Started
Create a will to establish your assets and guardianship in case of the unexpected.
A will is a legal document that outlines an individual's wishes regarding the distribution of property and other assets, the care of minor children, and the appointment of an executor to carry out these instructions after their death. A will does not avoid probate in the State of Oregon.
Start a "Will"
A revocable living trust is a legal arrangement in which an individual places their assets into a trust during their lifetime, retaining the ability to change, update, or dissolve it, and appointing a trustee to manage and distribute those assets upon their death or incapacity. A properly executed trust will avoid probate in the State of Oregon.
Start a "Trust"
Place your assets in a trust during your lifetime so it can be distributed upon death or incapacity.
Grant an agent to make financial decisions and manage your financial affairs in the event that you are unable to.
Power of Attorney
A financial power of attorney is a legal document that allows another person to act on your behalf for financial decisions and manage the financial affairs of the person creating the document in the event of their incapacity or inability to act.
Create a "Power of Attorney"
Advance Directive
An Advance Directive is a legal document that provides instructions for medical care and only goes into effect if you cannot communicate your own wishes. It allows you to appoint Healthcare Representatives that can follow your wishes.
Set up an "Advance Directive"
Specify your preferences and appoint a healthcare representative to help make decisions in the event you are unable to.